Auditor - County Auditors Additional Duties
- Published: Sunday, 18 August 2013 22:24
- Budget Commission, Secretary
- Board of Revision, Secretary
- Tax Incentive Review Council - Member
- Records Commission - Member
- Data Processing Board - Secretary, Administrator
- Microfilm Board - Member
1) Budget Commission - The Auditor is the permanent Secretary of the Budget Commission which also includes the County Treasurer and the Prosecutor. It is the responsibility of the Commission to annually review the tax budgets of all taxing districts within the county and to determine that all tax levies are properly authorized and allocated to local governments and libraries.
2) Board of Revision - The Auditor is the permanent Secretary of the Board of Revision which also includes the County Treasurer and the President of the Board of Commissioners. It is the responsibility of the Board of Revision to rule on property assessment prior to the issuance of the real estate tax list. Property valuation complaints are also heard.